What information does Hypur collect?
In order to access and use the Hypur Services you may be required to provide the following information, collectively referred to as “Personal Information”:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, email, and other similar information.
- Financial information, such as your bank account number, bank routing number, and credit history.
- Personal identification information, such as your date of birth, social security number, driver license, and photo.
- Information that you may provide in the course of interacting with Hypur customer support via phone, email, online, or other correspondence.
- Geolocation information, if location-based services are enabled.
In the course of using the Hypur Services we will also collect the following information, collectively referred to as “Technical Information”: your IP address, type of mobile device, operating system, and browser.
How does Hypur use the Personal Information we collect?
We collect your Personal Information to:
- Enable transactions using the Hypur Services.
- Notify you about your transaction activity and history.
- Provide customer support.
- Verify your identity and transaction information.
- Identify, prevent, and report potentially prohibited or fraudulent activities.
- Customize and improve your experience with the Hypur Services.
- Notify you about changes to the Hypur Services and/or Hypur Terms and Conditions.
- Provide you with updates, offers, and information about the Hypur Services.
Does Hypur share your Personal Information?
We may share your Personal Information as follows:
- In order to provide and maintain the Hypur Services, we may share your Personal Information with third-parties for purposes of fraud prevention and identity verification. In the course of conducting transactions using the Hypur Services, your Personal Information necessary to complete such transactions will be made available to participating financial institutions. Such third-parties are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide the Hypur Services.
- If disclosure is necessary to comply with any applicable law, legal process, or government request.
- To investigate and enforce potential or actual violations of the Hypur Terms and Conditions or other operative agreements regarding access to or use of the Hypur Services.
Does Hypur share Non-Personal Information?
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
How does Hypur protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information when you access and utilize the Hypur Services. All Personal Information is transmitted and protected with industry-standard encryption. Hypur also has in place internal policies and restrictions regarding access to data.
- https://secure.hypur.com There are no persistent cookies utilized by this website that are stored or downloaded to the user’s hard drive. This website does utilize “non-persistent” cookies for the purpose of session management.
- www.hypur.com and www.gethypur.com We utilize persistent cookies at these websites that are stored on your hard drive and are used to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. These cookies are also used to compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
How do I update my information?
If any of your Personal Information changes, you can update or correct it in your account settings by logging into your Hypur profile at secure.hypur.com.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age.
Terms and Conditions
Please visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing use of the Hypur Services.